Technology is transforming the way we work, play, and live in a positive way: services in the Cloud provide almost
limitless compute power and networks provide nearly ubiquitous and instant access to these services.
Devices are getting smarter, more connected, and central to all this transformation. The Internet of Things (IoT) provides a major opportunity for device manufacturers to transform their businesses as well by creating new device types and formats, new revenue streams through services, and by differentiating their offerings through innovation.
With this opportunity comes challenges as well: device developers must innovate in functionality and servicing
models in order to stay competitive; new device form-factors, multiple development platforms, and disparate tools
increase complexity; and with exponential growth in the number of things connected to the internet, security
challenges are paramount.
Windows 10 IoT, Microsoft gives you the technology to make IoT real. Microsoft is a proven leader in the Enterprise
space with a complete stack of enabling productivity, analytics, infrastructure, and Cloud technologies. Microsoft has a rich ecosystem and has been bringing real IoT solutions to market for an extended period of time.
- Windows 10 IoT helps to fast track innovation with an industry leading developer experience, management and update infrastructure
- Helps streamline IT operations and save on IT costs through one management & deployment approach
- Allows businesses to save on app investments with a Universal Windows Platform that enables the same
app to run across device types
- Businesses can further lock down their devices for specific industry scenarios using Windows 10 IoT?s advanced lockdown capabilities
- Businesses will be able to use more retail peripherals with UWP apps in Windows 10 IoT, while developers will have access to additional industry-standard networking and hardware support in building IoT devices
- Businesses will be able to instantly connect Windows10 IoT devices to Azure Cloud services as well as other industry-standard Cloud service providers